Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Thankful Life

Thanksgiving is this week!  And, while I'm not a big fan of turkey, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, brussel sprouts, parsnips, and many of the traditional Thanksgiving meal foods (hey - I'm a picky eater!), I do like to reflect on all I have to be grateful for in my life.

I think it can all be summed up in one word LOVE!!!  I'm fortunate to have experienced love in all of its forms in my life.  Feel free to comment below and add something you're thankful for, too!

I have had a deep, intense, romantic love, and though it didn't last, I'm happy to have known what it's like to have that once-in-a-lifetime kind of love, that weak in the knees feeling, combined with knowing I was important to someone else who cherished me and found me sexy, funny, smart, and pretty...and to feel the same way about the man I love. 

I also love my family - from remembering childhood memories with my elderly parents all the way down to spending time laughing with my nieces and nephews.  Family is so important!

I've been fortunate to have several good friends who know me, accept me, and are there for me - no matter what's happening, no matter when.  They are true friends, and we've gone through a lot together.

I love my job!  In fact, I've loved nearly every job I've had in my life - don't know if I just picked the right jobs or if I made the best out of the jobs I've had.  But, this job, my business, is so special to me.  I get such a feeling out of delight out of seeing my business grow.  I could go on and on...

I also love (not necessarily in this order):

  • Chocolate
  • A cool breeze on a warm summer evening
  • Sitting on the beach, watching the waves roll in
  • Sunsets that paint the heavens a "sky blue pink"
  • The innocence and inquisitiveness of children
  • That baby smell and the feel of a baby in my arms
  • Hearing songs on the radio that take me back in time to great memories
  • Zumba
  • Christmas music
  • Long talks with good friends
  • People smiling back at me
  • Belly laughs (even if I AM laughing at my own jokes!)
  • A cup of hot chocolate and some cookies while watching a snowstorm from my picture window - as long as I don't have to go out
  • Sudoku
  • Every shade of blue
  • Water aerobics
  • Watching TV shows or movies that touch my soul, make me cry
  • Racquetball - as long as we're not keeping score
  • Reading a good book that makes me wonder what happened next to the characters after I'm finished the book
  • Hugs so tight they take my breath away
I know I'll think of more, but when you have felt love like this in your life, how can you NOT be thankful and happy each and every year, when Thanksgiving rolls around?!  Happy Thanksgiving!!!  I hope you, too, have much that makes you grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment