Total Pageviews

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter!

Christmas is probably my favorite holiday - it lasts a long time, and there is so much wonderment and happiness associated with it.  However, Easter is pretty special, too.

I observed much about Easter Sunday during that 24-hour period yesterday.  First and foremost, as a Catholic Christian, I witness the miracle of Christ rising from the dead.  Going to Mass, I sang the hymns proudly that reminded me of my childhood.

I love the smell of the Easter flowers - bringing such color and vibrance even after our mild winter.  It's great to see the little ones all dressed in their Easter finery.  People don't seem to dress up for church as much as they used to, yet I saw so many adorable little ones at church yesterday - all dressed up in dresses with matching coats, little frilly socks, and straw "bonnets".  I remember so many cute outfits my parents made sure we wore for Easter each year. 

Dinner at my sister Mary's was delicious!  Surrounded by my family, I enjoyed the laughs and conversation, and also the traditional foods - cheese and crackers and hors d'oeuvres, ham (yum!), Mom's recipe for potato salad, Mom's recipe for Easter bread (yum, yum!!), salad, pineapple stuffing, hard-boiled eggs, Jello mold, homemade buttercream eggs and several other desserts - it was surely a bellybuster of a meal, but sometimes you just have to let yourself go.  So, on Easter, I was happy to enjoy the ride, let it all soak in, and savor the moment - because days like yesterday are the kind I'll look back on with a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment