Total Pageviews

Friday, June 1, 2012

Grateful!

I sure am one lucky small business owner!  I am really growing my business this year, and I am surrounded by so many people who are helping me reach the next level.

First of all, I brought Gene on board last November, and he's been helping me find new venues for my kids' culinary programs.  We're getting there - not as quickly as he'd like, but sometimes faster than I think I can handle.  But, we're doing it. 

Wendi has been with me since last summer.  She did all of the lesson plans for the cooking camps.  She also helped prepare an instructor handbook.

I now have 11 instructors who will be handling cooking programs here in the Philly suburbs and in New Jersey.  They are excited and anxious for summer to begin, so that they can teach my programs.  I love their enthusiasm, and I know that will go a long way to igniting a love of cooking and baking in the hearts of the "cookin' kids" in our camps.

My nieces Allie and Katie work for me around Christmastime.  They are hard workers - and make me proud.  Allie returned home from college about a month ago.  Since then, she has done a wonderful job of getting my filing and house organized.  She is also working with me to get documentation together for all instructors AND putting together "instructor kits" that contain all the gadgets/tools you'd find in the Kitchen Department at Bed, Bath, and Beyond!  Katie is working hard to complete her sophomore year in high school, then she'll be on board - she did the formatting and editing of the lesson plans.

Next week, I'll be training my new instructors.  I know that it's going to be a lot of fun - after all, training consists of "playing with food".  LOL!

I've been busy with baking orders, drumming up new business, and helping my parents make a very important decision - to move into a senior living apartment.  They seem so content with their decision - and it's given them something exciting to look forward to.

I think it's going to be a jam-packed summer!  And, I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment