Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Small Victory for Victims of Abuse

As a lifelong resident of PA, a Catholic, and a person who loves children and thinks they should be protected at all costs, I believe that yesterday brought some justice for the children who were hurt by Catholic priests and Jerry Sandusky.  It will probably only slightly help their healing, but I hope they feel that the public is in their corner now.  Maybe this awareness will help prevent child abuse, so that future generations will not have to deal with such injustice against our most innocent citizens, our children.

Jerry Sandusky is an animal.  It has been easy for me to form that opinion. And, I do have the same opinion about the priests who have abused children.

However, it's been much more difficult for me to wrap my brain around my church allowing priests to continue ministry, knowing the terrible things they were doing - and to understand how "men of God" could be so horrific!  But, it HAS never shaken my faith in God. 

A priest friend just posted this on his FB page - he's truly one of the good guys.  And, given the stance the Archdiocese of Philadelphia has had, HE's pretty brave to put his opinion out there.

https://www.facebook.com/liam.murphy.3958/posts/313649058727619?notif_t=feed_comment_reply

Thank you, Father Murphy, for giving us your perspective and for being a true shepherd!

No comments:

Post a Comment