Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

There are so many wonderful mothers in my life to celebrate - MY Mom, Doris Wolper, who has guided me and loved me unconditionally for my entire life, my sister Mary Treisbach, sisters-in-law, Lisa Wolper and Lori Greco-Wolper, my oldest friend, Alberta Bird, and so many others - women who are mothers, whether adoptive or not, expectant mothers, grandmothers, godmothers, and who have focused their motherly instinct on their dogs and cats. 

But, please remember those of us who never had children, too - people like me who always thought they've have a bunch of kids, but it never happened. For we, too, LOVE your children - as teachers, aunts, godmothers, friends - and we try to step in and help when you can't be there. 

I think this is why I've dedicated most of my adult life to teaching - whether it be 4th grade (St. John the Baptist), 3rd grade (St. Pat's), Computer class (Conshy Catholic and St. Teresa of Avila), substitute teaching (Wissahickon and Colonial School Districts, St. Paul and St. Titus Schools), and for over 11 blissful years through my business (Kathy's Just Desserts DBA) Kitchen Wizards.  I also LOVE my nieces, nephews, and friends' children. 

I don't have to change dirty diapers or worry when they come home late or have challenges that hurt them. But, I have loved children and tried to impart some "words of wisdom", guidance, and a bit of fun and happiness in their lives in the absence of their parents. I know I could never do as well as a Mom, but I've tried to fill in. So, to the Moms of all kids whose lives I've touched, Happy Mother's Day! 

But, most importantly, I'm so grateful for the role model MY MOM has been to me - and I'm so glad that, at age 87, she's still with us, so we can celebrate HER today! Love you, Mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment