Total Pageviews

Monday, January 23, 2012

Gearing Up for the Summer!

I'm so excited about the direction of my business - it seems to be going up, uP, UP!!

First of all, I brought a business development manager on board.  Gene is an old college friend with an entrepreneurial spirit and a nice personality.  He is anxious to grow my business for me, and I'm happy to have him handling that part of the business.  It allows me to concentrate on other facets of Kathy's Just Desserts and Kitchen Wizards.

We've been meeting with various local schools and starting programs at many of them.  We've also made inroads with many Parks & Rec Departments, and now we have programs at many more locations.

Next, I had to find some instructors.  I'm thrilled that Wendi, after having her adorable little baby Charlotte, has come back with all the happiness and energy she had when working for me before the baby! 

I've also been pleased to have several other instructors come on board. 

Mare is a substitute teacher - and she's been experimenting with cooking for several years.  I think the "bug" has gotten her, and she's loving the culinary arts. 

Shannon is starting her own cake business - and her work is amazing!  She loves kids and is looking forward to teaching cooking and baking programs. 

Micki is my godchild, my oldest friend's daughter.  She's an actress, and for four years, she's been teaching DramaKids programs.  Since she and her husband have been together, much to her mom's delight, she has become quite the cook.  With her experience and enthusiasm, I know she'll be a great addition. 

And, Ashley is Gene's daughter.  She's a really great young woman who is really excited to take on this new challenge.  She has been getting into cooking, and she loves being around kids.  So, she's going to be a great asset!

In fact, all of my instructors are just the nicest people you'd want to meet - and I trust my programs in their hands.  It's nice to have that kind of confidence in people who are representing my business.  That has not come easily for me, and I know I'm lucky to have found such great instructors!

Next step for Kitchen Wizards?  We're expanding even more!  So, if you know of any locations in the Philadelphia suburbs and South Jersey (including shore points) that might want to host cooking programs - either after-school, weekends, or summer cooking camps, please have them contact us:

Gene Basso gene@kathysjustdesserts.com
Kathy Wolper kw@kathysjustdesserts.com

And, if you know of anyone who wants a job as a culinary instructor, have them contact us, too. 

Remember us for scout workshops and cooking birthday parties, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment